Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Funny on many levels

One of the online comics that I love to read is PhD Comics. I love this comic strip both because it applies to my life as a graduate student, and because it's just plain funny.

The comic from yesterday is titled It's 3AM, and it something you should read. No, it has nothing to do with the Matchbox 20 song. If you are a graduate student or in a job where your boss would expect you to be working basically 24/7, you should be able to relate to this comic. For those who don't follow the comic already: the first character is a graduate student, the second character is that student's advisor.

This comic is also funny for an entirely different reason though, which everyone in the USA should be able to relate to: it's mocking/mimicking/inspired by an ad supporting Hillary Clinton. I have absolutely nothing against Hillary Clinton, but her campaign ad that is very similar to this comic strip is a little strange. It was even featured on Daily Show last night on Comedy Central, so I'm not the only one that finds it amusing.

It's so rare that a comic about graduate student life is highly related to the rest of the real world, that I couldn't resist pointing it out to my few readers.

No comments: