Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jaclyn's Wedding

Over the past 3 months, I have attended 3 weddings each of which have been 4 weeks apart. The first of these weddings was the Harmon-Bell wedding, for my cousin Jaclyn to marry her high school sweetheart Jon. He proposed to her right before they graduated from college in 2007, but that's a story for her to tell herself.

my sister, niece, and I with the bride

I was lucky enough to be asked to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, along with my sister, our other two female cousins, and two of Jaclyn's friends. I love the color green she chose for our dresses; it was a great color for a spring wedding in the South!

bride and groom's first dance

Jaclyn and Jon of course are a very adorable couple, even if my housemates think they look like kids on their engagement announcement picture (sorry Jaclyn!). Of course, the differing opinions between the Northeast and Southeast on the right age to get married is a topic for an entirely different post.

wedding cake

Their rehearsal, wedding, and reception were quite beautiful though. Everyone had a great time, even those in the "under 5 years old" category. There was the electric slide which has been played at every family wedding in my generation, a delicious buffet, a chocolate fountain, wine punch (my aunt made them add extra wine), and the joy of celebration. Not to mention the wonderfully warm April weather.

One down, two more to go!

No comments: