Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Karaoke...?!?....Suuuuuuuuure....

I've been against karaoke basically my entire life. I don't consider myself a good singer, and rarely if ever sing around other people. The one time I sang karaoke was at my high school after-graduation party, and it wasn't exactly my best performance ever.

However, last Saturday was a friend's birthday and she wanted to go to karaoke. So I gave in since it was her celebration and not mine. The karaoke place in town gives each group their own room, so you aren't singing in front of strangers. At first I was a little hesitant, but everyone was basically singing along with the people who had the mikes so I joined in as well. I even sang 2 songs with the mike, because they were songs I knew really well and most other people didn't know them! So I'm patting myself on the back for getting over my dislike of karaoke and having a good time. I'm actually a little excited about going again! Guess that goes to show that you should give things you don't like at least two chances.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

You were a part of the cousins karaoke at gma and poppies 50th anniversary party. I feel the same way about it - unless it's rockband b/c then you can't really hear me! Glad you made it over to our blog!

M. O. said...

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that! But I remember not really wanting to be a part of the singing (I'd rather watch!), and only really singing far away from the mike and not very loudly for that one group song...so I'm not sure I should count it as sing karaoke, haha. Thanks for reminding me that I did actually participate (however slightly) though!