Monday, January 07, 2008

Let's build a snowman!

New Year's Day was a day of snow. It snowed all morning and into the afternoon, but graciously stopped around the time we went outside to play. I don't think we've found time to just go out and play in snow since I moved here, except for walking to the pond.



In the spirit of having a foot of snow, we decided to make a snowman. It had been a long time for both of us, so first we had to discuss how to make big balls of snow. Apparently rolling it works very well.

The entire time I could not get the snowman song from Cannibal, the Musical out of my head! I just kept thinking "let's build a snowman, we can make him our best friend, we can name him Tom or we can name him George!" And of course the lines: "we can make him tall or we can make him not so tall, SNOWMAN!" If you haven't seen this movie, I urge you to watch it. It's very funny, although a little gory at places.

In the end we had a surfer snowman with a pet turtle. Totally rad man. Yesterday he met his demise, but he was a good snowman while he lived. Maybe putting him under the tree wasn't the best idea.

No comments: