Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New Technology Craving

I'm currently on the market for a new cell phone, and the iPhone started catching my eye this past week when I wasn't thrilled about any of the phones Verizon had to offer. It's definitely a hot piece of technology, has a nice interface, is pretty, and would make my lab mates oh so jealous. The only problem is that I've heard it's not as fast as it could be, and that AT&T's plan is not that great. I have also heard that AT&T's network is not as good as Verizon's in my area. So why would I want a phone that may only marginally function?

Well, it IS the hottest phone. And by hot I mean sexy. I haven't had a new phone in over 2 years, which for people in general I say is a great way to do it. But I do love technology, so it's kin to torture for me! Although I love my Treo, the Palm interface is getting a little old in many ways.

Unfortunately, I don't really want to be a beta tester to the iPhone and the AT&T network right now. Well, truthfully the tester in me would kill to be a tester of the iPhone, but I don't particularly have time to find and report kinks in other people's work at the moment. I do feel like for the next year or so, any owner/user of the iPhone is essentially fulfilling that role, as is usually the case with something new in the technology sphere. Although I am still happy to have been an early adopter of Windows Vista...

Wow, iPhone and Vista in the same post.

For now I think I will hold off on the iPhone, but I'm planning to visit the Apple store nearby in the next week or two so who knows what will happen then. I will definitely have more to say on the interface, size, etc. after that visit though. I wonder if it will be good or bad?

No comments: